Friday, July 15, 2011

Harry Potter - An Era Ends Today

Today all over the world Harry Potter fans are waiting to watch the last and final fight of the most famous wizzard in the world. There's no doubt, during the years Harry has become part of our lives. Honestly, I can barely remember the time when I wasn't waiting for a new episode, either the book or the movie. I can still picture the first time when I held the first part in my hands. Of course, it was in England and I was only 14. My sister was on a training there and suggested me to read it if my host family had one . Obviously, they had.

During the years it became a tradition that in Hungary the translation came out around Christmas, so I always knew exactly what I would read during the Christmas holiday. Actually, I couldn’t wait until December with the last 3 books and I read them in English. The Main Library in my home town bought them in several languages, but no one read it in English or Spanish except for me and my sister…
Time was passing by, there was no Christmas to wait with a new episode, but something still remained: the new movie episode. When they were on in the cinema, I was certain that it was summer. I had already finished my exams so I didn’t have to feel guilty just because I was going to watch them.
And now I have finished university, and the series have come to an end too.
So from this time there's no more camping-youth-festival in Trafalgar Square with fans waiting for the new movie episode like in previous years - but to be frank, I would never try it again anyway; I think I’m too old now and also a bit sceptic. If I were in London now, I’d rather go and look for a nice flat to stay, just like this one, but it’s just my opinion.

All in all, thank you Harry to be a part of my childhood and my teenage years, I’ll never forget you and promise that during the Xmas holidays I’ll always read the books all over again, and during the summers me and me friends will have non-stop Harry Potter movie maratons.

No comments: