Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Eating like Casamona

Eating. It’s always a problem, doesn’t really matter that you’re alone or in a group. It’s always hard to agree on where to go, what to eat.



Last time when we went out with my colleagues for our lunch break (which takes an hour) after an hour long journey, we ended up at the half-fast-food-restaurant near to the beach and we were ordering a slice of pizza (to be frank we did know that we wanted to eat, just didn’t know where, and the price was also important…).

Otherwise I’m not so picky. Yes, I’m a girl, and I’m vegetarian, so you would think it makes things much more harder but no, it’s not true (to put it to the test, I have to confess that since I arrived in Barcelona, I have gained 6 extra kilos…oops! Maybe I should start exercising???). My only need is to eat something fresh in a nice atmosphere and after it don’t smell like a restaurant itself. Is it too much? I don’t think so.

Then I started to ask my colleagues where I should go to eat if I want something fresh and not so expensive. It turned out the entire team have his/her favourite. For example;

Casper recommended a pizzeria near to the Colom Statue (yes, next time when we want to eat pizza we definitely should go there),

Latifat was into a tapas bar and Sofia a Japanese restaurant with a free buffet. Such a varied mix, isn’t it?!

Therefore I decided I’ll try all of them while I’m here and I’ll publish my experiences on our website under the button Casamona’s recommended/ Restaurants. Why not? My opinion helps someone to choose.

So you can now read the first impression about Rick’s favourite (The Mami Restaurant in Barceloneta) where I ate a slice of pizza, sandwich and a salad (yes, I did eat all of them!!!) for just 10€.

We also propose you to see what are our offers around:

The Mozart I Apartment in Barcelona


The open plan apartment has been very tastefully decorated in an elegant and simple style, ensuring the comfort of the guest while at the same time creating a welcoming atmosphere. A holiday stay in this fantastic accommodation is one not to be missed.

In the centre of Barcelona
1 Bedroom, 1 Bathroom
40m2, Zone Born
2 single beds, 1 double sofa bed
Sleeps 4 Sleeps 4




The flat is on the third floor of a traditional style building with a lift. Perfect, central location - the apartment is just 100 metres from Las Ramblas and is located in the building which was completely restored only few years ago(April 2006). The closest metro station (Liceu) is within 2 minutes walking distance. The property has been totally refurbished to the absolute highest standard. Modern design - brick walls and parquet floors.

€990 per month + 2 months deposit + agency fee

Ref # XC1122-11


For more information & more offers, visit our website:





No comments: